This post will not only make you beautiful on the outside but will leave you glowing too. This is not a quick and temporary fix using lotions, creams or any other beauty products but something that will make a permanent change in you that only gets better and better in time.
I’m talking about beauty that is made on the inside first. This is your spiritual beauty. When you read God’s Word, you are being transformed internally in your ways and character as you get to know God and the way He thinks and acts in certain situations. The Holy Spirit will bring into remembrance what you have read and will work in you as you align your ways with God’s character.
It has been said that ‘beauty is only skin-deep’ and it really is. Physical beauty only lasts for a certain time and once you age, your outside beauty follows too. But with internal beauty, this lasts for a lifetime and only gets better and better and you can’t help it but it will also show on the outside. People will soon notice that you have peace despite problems, joy even when plans go crestfallen and self-control even when you feel like giving someone a piece of your mind.
Now we’ll just take these three traits as an example though there’s more.
Can you imagine how your physical countenance would look like? Let’s see. You would look more relaxed, peaceful and not be carried away with the stresses of life. This is why it is so important to read God’s Word daily, spending quality time with your Maker for Psalm 46:1 says, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” When you are weighed down, relax in Jesus care and give all your burdens to Him and watch Him work on your behalf. God is open 24/7 always and I say again, that He always has a listening ear to those who draw near to Him. No matter how insurmountable your problems are, the burdens become light and just like the footprints in the sand, you only see one set of footprints, for it is now the Lord who is carrying you. Isn’t that wonderful? We have a Father who would never leave us nor forsake us and is there with you no matter where you are, and He’s just waiting for you to communicate.
Matthew 7:7 says, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” All you need to do is ask. Maybe the reason why you don’t have what you need is because you don’t ask or maybe you do but your asking for the wrong reason. Whatever it is, just say what is in your heart and mind for we have Jesus, our advocate for the Father who speaks on our behalf.
Read Proverbs 3:1-10. If I were to enumerate it, it would look like this.
- If you follow God’s commands, you will live a long and satisfying life.
- Being loyal and kind to your spouse and others will give you favor with both God and people and will earn you a good reputation.
- Trusting in the Lord and seeking His will always will direct you to the right path. This will lead you to the road that will lead to fulfillment and not for destruction.
- Fear the Lord and turn away from evil, then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones. This is medicine for your whole body and well-being. No more medications and outrageous money spent on doctor’s visits.
- Lastly, Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barn with grain and your vats will overflow with good wine.This refers to tithing where you give the first 10% of your income and He in turn will make the 90% go further than the full 100%. This is your seed for the Lord to work on your finances. This is more that 401K and other retirement portfolio.
Malachi 3:10 says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
Do you believe this? I do for I always do this and have seen it work in my life. And every time, the Lord provides for our needs and so much more. The LORD said to ‘test Him’ – why don’t you try it and see for yourself.
These are just some of the promises found in the Bible, and once God said it, it is settled and you can bank on it.
Before I go, one more thought that I would like to leave.
When you spend time in God’s Word, you glow. And I mean glow as in shine. Look at yourself in the mirror and you will see that you are just beaming.